The Self Help Center/Family Law Facilitator can’t be your attorney, but they can help with paperwork and process for family law issues, small claims court, and other issues.

Ways to Contact

Go in-person to receive self help services for emergency issues (restraining orders etc.) or call in for all other issues. See information HERE (with schedule, email, and live chat options) or call 408.882.2926 option 3. If you have a small claims question, contact the Small Claims Advisor, HERE.


Drop-in or call for support. Call or check online to confirm hours of operation first.

Even though the wait can be long, there are a mix of attorneys, paralegals, and other court volunteers to either help you immediately, or to schedule a follow-up appointment and/or a workshop.


Collect key information in advance if possible: case numbers, names of key people, court dates and deadlines, documents related to the issue, and any questions you have.