The Access Center can’t be your attorney, but they can help with paperwork and process for family law issues, small claims court, restraining orders, name and gender changes, evictions (and particularly motions to vacate), and conservatorship.

Ways to Contact

For services in-person, online inquiries, or telephone support, be sure to check their updated hours and access points HERE first (see link under "contact us" on right-hand side).

For in-person services, arrive at 8:30am at the courthouse: 400 McAllister St., Room 509 (Room 512 for small claims assistance). They have a limited number of spots each day and they go quickly.


Drop-in for support. Confirm ACCESS hours of operation first.

Even though the wait can be long, there are a mix of attorneys, paralegals, and other court volunteers to either help you immediately, or to schedule a follow-up appointment and/or a workshop.

For child support, you may start a child support case here just as you could at the California Department of Child Support Services. You can also get assistance on understanding the process and your next steps.


Children and family members not invited in, but there is childcare available.

Collect key information in advance if possible: case numbers, names of key people, court dates and deadlines, documents related to the issue, and any questions you have.